Knowing how to clean a ceramic floor quickly to avoid deterioration over time. Soils are usually one of the parts of homes, offices and premises that are most often dirty. Therefore, cleaning is always absolutely necessary and must be carried out in depth.
How to clean a ceramic floor quickly
If you want to avoid spending money on ceramic floor replacements and become an expert in maintenance and cleaning, pay close attention to the 6 tips that we propose below.
Step 1. Use cotton rags or toothbrushes
- Although mops make the cleaning of ceramic floors much easier. Sometimes it is advisable to return to the traditional practices of cleaning the floors.
- With a cotton cloth you can better access the different parts of the tiles and remove the most superficial spots.
- Make sure that the cotton cloths you use are always in perfect condition and renew them every so often.
- For bathroom and kitchen tiles you can use an old toothbrush that you decided to stop using.
- It is important that you wet the brush in a solution of warm water and bleach, so use gloves to protect your hands.
- The bleach will allow to disinfect and eliminate the accumulated dirt in the soil effectively.
- In many establishments specializing in cleaning products you can find soft barbed brushes to clean the ceramic floors.
- The good thing about these brushes is that they are usually larger than the usual toothbrushes and include some kind of handle or grip.
Step 2. Bet on vinegar as a natural disinfectant
- In addition to flavoring foods, vinegar is one of the most powerful disinfectants we can find in nature.
- That is why many people use it instead of bleach to clean ceramic floors.
- It is best to make a mixture of water and vinegar, preferably white, and apply it on the floor tiles with a mop or cotton cloth.
- So that the strong smell of vinegar does not persist, you can add a little air freshener to the room once you have mopped the floor and opened the windows.
- Another of the most common uses of vinegar is to eliminate lime from the shower and the taps that always appear after our daily use.
Step 3. Add baking soda or ammonia to the water you use
- The mixture of water and bicarbonate is very effective for kitchen tiles, because they have a great degreasing power.
- You can use a soft sponge so that when rubbing you do not damage the properties of the ceramic.
- In addition, the bicarbonate always helps to maintain the white of the tiles naturally.
- For cleaning with ammonia always have to take more precautions because it is a very corrosive product and causes irritation.
- Never apply ammonia without protection on your hands and prevent your eyes or nose from being near the mixture that contains this product.
- In homes with pets or domestic children it is always more advisable to use natural products or that do not have any toxic component.
Step 4. Brighten the floor with clean crystals
If you want to make your tiles shine like the first day, use a little glass cleaner. With a sprayer and a cotton cloth rub the entire surface of the floor so that they are shiny.
It is advisable to dry with a paper or rag the floor because sometimes the glass cleaner can leave some kind of fence or stain when they dry. There are also products that remove stains and greasers that can add shine to ceramic tiles, but it is always advisable to try them before expanding them over the entire surface of the floor.
Step 5. Use water vapor
Water vapor is a very simple and quick way to clean tiles from places like the kitchen or the bathroom. To do so, you have to:
- Put a pressure cooker full of water on the fire.
- Close the windows and doors so that the steam does not escape and the tiles become wet.
- Dry all the tiles with a dry cloth.
Step 6. Follow the basic steps to clean ceramic floors
The process of cleaning floors always requires time and patience, which is why many people opt for the services of companies specialized in cleaning like Dimasplus.
In addition to saving a lot of time, our floors will be kept clean and in perfect condition for much longer. With the adequate maintenance of the ceramic floors we will avoid its deterioration and have to carry out reforms to place new tiles.
How to clean the bathroom tiles step by step with steam?
Clean the ceramic tile step by step. In the tiles of the bathrooms, take advantage of the showers with hot water to moisten the walls and the floor. Later you can pass a cotton cloth or towel to dry them well.
Water is always the best element to eliminate the dirt that accumulates on any type of surface, but if we mix it with disinfectant products the results are better
Remember that when you do this process of cleaning ceramic floors you have to dry them very well, because:
The main steps you have to follow to get perfect floors are
- Sweep or vacuum the entire surface of the floor to remove dirt and dust that are on the tiles.
- You can use a soft bristle broom or directly the vacuum cleaner. There are vacuum cleaner accessories designed specifically for this.
- Scrubbing use a mop or cloth, always remember to use warm water and a ceramic tile cleaner.
- As we have advised you previously, clean with white vinegar, ammonia or bicarbonate.
- Rubbing only in cases where you see that there is embedded dirt you have to rub with a brush to eliminate it.
- To rinse to eliminate the remains of dirt we have to rinse the floor with water and mop.
- This step is of vital importance because it depends on us having to mop the soil again.
- Take shine for this you have to use a mop or dry cloth on the entire surface.
How to get a good finish on your ceramic floors?
The ceramic floors have a very nice finish, which is why a large part of the houses have them. Since the time of the Romans, ceramics have been used for soils for the following reasons:
Ceramic floors prevent heat from passing through, as well as water leaks. For this reason, ceramics have been used for the elaboration of elements throughout history.
The porosity of the ceramic material prevents water from passing through and creating leaks.
Ceramic floors if properly maintained can last more than 10 years as the first day. Unlike the floors made of wood. Ceramic floors represent a great resistance to damage caused by people’s traffic.
Ceramic floors are very practical and do not require a high cost. Unlike wood or stone. In addition, its replacement is very simple. Therefore, it never takes several weeks to repair the possible damage caused by the passage of time.
It can be placed anywhere in the house such as bathrooms, kitchens, terraces, living rooms, bedrooms, hallways, and storage rooms.
Great variety of designs: there are many designs for ceramic tiles depending on our needs, tastes, and budget.
Thanks to the technology of digital printing, it is very easy to create ceramic floors that imitate wood. So we can enjoy floors that look like parquet without having to worry about their daily care.
What do we offer you?
In Dimasplus we have more than 250 specialists. All of them qualified in the provision of cleaning and maintenance services. Throughout these years of business activity, we have made speed our hallmark. All our workers have the latest generation of technical training and equipment to carry out their work.
Some of the services we offer are
- Soil sanitation
- Office cleaning in Madrid
- Deep cleaning of premises, cleaning of windows
- Cleaning of homes and cleaning of neighborhood communities
We hope you found this article very useful. So that with our advice, you can clean a ceramic floor quickly, easily, perfectly, and in a short time. If you need expert advice on cleaning, maintenance, removing ceramic tips for tile you can contact us through our website or by calling us.
Read more article